Generator fumes kill two teenagers in Katsina
Written by admin on July 19, 2019
Generator fumes on Friday morning killed two teenagers simply identified as Yasut and Dauda, both 18, in Katsina State.
The teenagers, who were apprentices, allegedly put on the generator on Thursday night while inside a shop and thereafter slept off.
Eyewitnesses added that the deceased locked themselves and the generator inside the shop before they fell asleep.
Sources said the shop belongs to a man who deals in spare parts of motorcycles and vehicles.
The shop is located along Yahaya Madaki way, Katsina.It was learnt that their colleagues who discovered that the shop was still not open around 7:30 a.m., on Friday, forced the shop open and discovered their bodies.
The generator was said to have run out of fuel and had stopped working as of the time, the shop was forced open.
Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in the state were subsequently called and they evacuated the corpses around 8:30 a.m.
The corpses were evacuated from the shop in an NSCDC ambulance with number; CD 1054–A.
Efforts were still being made to contact the owner of the shop while the bodies were being evacuated.